Background Information on State of Iowa Grants:
Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
A $1 million program. The vision of Iowa Great Places is to have a transformative impact on community vitality and quality of life for Iowans. See application here.
The program’s goals are to align State and local resources toward cultivating the unique and authentic qualities of Iowa neighborhoods, districts, communities and regions in order to make them great places to live and work.
The objectives of the program are to support projects that are integrated with a shared vision and set of strategies, involve significant partnerships and collaboration, and focus on the development of local and regional assets in the following areas:
• Arts and Culture
• Built Environment
• Business Development
• Entrepreneurial Incentives
• Historic Fabric
• Housing Options
• Natural Environment
• Retail Amenities
Historic Preservation Grants
The Resource Enhancement and Protection/Historical Resource Development Program (REAP/HRDP) is funded by the Resource Enhancement and Protection Act (REAP). The purpose of the REAP/HRDP Grants Program is to provide funds to preserve, conserve, interpret, enhance, and educate the public about the historical resources of Iowa
HRDP Documentary Collections Special Round
Application Deadline: October 14, 2014
The State Historical Society of Iowa (SHSI) is accepting applications for the FY2015 Historical Resource Development Program (HRDP) Documentary Collections (Special Round) grant program through Oct. 14, 2014. Applications for the HRDP Documentary Collections (Special Round) grants must be submitted at www.iowagrants.gov/index.do by 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 14, 2014. In addition, two signed originals of the contract and the owner signature page, if applicable, must be postmarked by Oct. 14, 2014, or hand-delivered by 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 14, 2014, to the following address:
ATTN: Grants Manager
REAP/HRDP Grants Program
State Historical Society of Iowa 6
00 E. Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Projects funded in this grant cycle will begin Dec. 1, 2014, and must be completed by April 30, 2017. More information is available at www.iowagrants.gov or by calling (515) 281-4228.
The Historical Resource Development Program (HRDP) is established in the Code of Iowa, Chapter 303.16. Administrative rules for the program are found in Iowa Administrative Code 223—49. The following items apply to all projects funded through HRDP.
- The Resource Enhancement and Protection/Historical Resource Development Program (REAP/HRDP) is funded by the Resource Enhancement and Protection Act (REAP). The purpose of the REAP/HRDP Grants Program is to provide funds to preserve, conserve, interpret, enhance, and educate the public about the historical resources of Iowa.
- All projects must involve Iowa’s historical resources. Non-residents may apply if the project resource is located in Iowa.
- All projects involving personal property must, upon request, document a legal relationship to the property and/or owner agreement to the project.
- Funded projects will encourage and support the economic and cultural health and development of the state and the communities in which the resources are located.
Explore more resources for leveraging grants:
• Resource Enhancement and Protection (REAP) (DNR)
• Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
• Iowa Economic Development Authority
• Iowa Department of Transportation
• Iowa Department of Public Health
• Iowa Gambling Treatment Program
• Iowa Department of Agriculture