Background Information on State of Iowa Grants:
The Iowa Gambling Treatment Program
For informational purposes.
This program provides treatment, counseling and outreach programs for those concerned about gambling as well as the 1-800-BETSOFF helpline. Comprised of the state’s 10 treatment providers.The Iowa Lottery also provided more than $15.7 million to the Iowa Gambling Treatment Fund. In 2009, the Gambling Treatment Fund was eliminated, with the Gambling Treatment Program now receiving its funding from the state General Fund.
- Fund counseling for problem gamblers and those affected by the gambling of a family member.
- Fund recovery support services to assist persons receiving problem gambling treatment.
- Fund prevention and education services on the risks and responsibilities of gambling.
- Fund prevention services for groups at increased risk of problem gambling
- Fund helpline referral and education services through 1-800-BETS OFF and www.1800BETSOFF.org.
- Fund training and professional development for counselors treating problem gambling and common co-occurring disorders, like substance abuse.
- Promote a recovery-oriented system of care that supports long-term recovery efforts of Iowans.
FY2014: $3,111,614 total funds.
Explore more resources for leveraging grants:
• Resource Enhancement and Protection (REAP) (DNR)
• Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
• Iowa Economic Development Authority
• Iowa Department of Transportation
• Iowa Department of Public Health
• Iowa Gambling Treatment Program
• Iowa Department of Agriculture